DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
Our experienced lawyers can advise and represent African industrial companies across the entire spectrum of legal, commercial and finance issues.
With the industrials sector continually evolving and crossing borders, our global client base includes many of the most successful industrial companies in the world. We are already one of the most active law firms in Africa.
Global economic uncertainty, political instability and its impact on trade, climate change, digitalization, automation and disruptive business models are among the many challenges faced by automotive, manufacturing, chemicals and aerospace/defense businesses. Prudent companies in this rapidly changing sector turn to lawyers with cross-disciplinary knowledge and on-the-ground presence in local markets, able to advise clients on both day-to-day and strategic concerns wherever they choose to do business.
Local insight, global reach: with teams in 20 African countries, we are well placed to support the diverse needs of clients in the region. Our people are familiar with, and understand the local political, legal, cultural and regulatory issues at stake.
To complement this knowledge, they work closely with our global Africa team of more than 200 lawyers in Johannesburg, Casablanca, London, New York, Paris, Dubai, Perth, Hong Kong and Beijing − and alongside DLA Piper's sector teams around the world.
This close collaboration means we combine local, global and sector-specific experience, helping our clients on any stage of their journey in Africa.
- Acquisition, asset and export finance
- Brand protection, patents, licensing and IP
- Commercial and procurement contracts and outsourcing
- Data protection
- Digitalization and Internet of Things (IoT)
- HR, employment, employee benefits and pensions
- Litigation and arbitration
- M&A and international corporate restructurings (ICR)
- Product compliance and safety
- Real estate and real estate finance
- Regulatory advice, including environmental, health and safety (EHS) matters
- Risk, governance and compliance, including antibribery and anticorruption
- Supply chain management, including distribution/agency agreements and contracts
- Tax including import and export, transfer pricing and sanctions
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to achieve your objectives.
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.