DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
Our restructuring lawyers have deep experience advising African and multinational clients on innovative restructuring solutions − across borders and on a global footing.
We are one of the most active law firms in Africa, managing assignments that range from the mid-market to the largest national and international restructurings and insolvencies. This typically means advising public and private sector clients on complex matters including contentious issues arising from restructurings and insolvencies, investigations, litigation, asset recovery and enforcement.
Local insight, global reach: working in 20 African countries, we understand the political, cultural, financial, regulatory and economic issues. This on-the-ground presence is backed by a global Africa team comprising more than 200 lawyers in Johannesburg and Casablanca and extending to other key centers including London, New York, Paris, Dubai, Perth, Hong Kong and Beijing.
We advise across a wide range of sectors including Africa’s most important industries: energy and natural resources, infrastructure, construction and transport, financial services, consumer goods and retail, industrials and technology.
Our client base includes debtors, lenders, governments and parastatals, NGOs, trustees, shareholders and directors, as well as distressed debt and asset buyers and investors.
Key capabilities include:
- multi-jurisdictional restructuring and insolvency needs across Africa
- debt and asset tracing and recovery
- disposals including pre-packaged solutions, distressed M&A and real estate workouts
- distressed debt trading
- financial restructuring
- formal insolvency / bankruptcy procedures and creditor committee representation
- insolvency / bankruptcy-related investigation, litigation and enforcement
- international restructuring strategy and procedures
- non-performing loan / asset portfolio-related advice
- operational restructuring
We are also a market leader for bank resolution-related legal advice and dealing with distressed credit institutions in Africa and worldwide, coordinating legal advice on some of the largest matters across our global network.
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to achieve your objectives.