Margaret Jeane (Jenny) Vermeulen is a Director at Ellis Shilengudwa Inc (ESI). She has practised as an attorney since 2011 and has experience in a broad range of contractual, commercial and delictual litigation matters. She currently focuses on high court and supreme court litigation in respect of civil matters.
She is a qualified conveyancer with experience in property transfers, company registrations, trust registrations and contract drafting. She is also an accredited court connected mediator of the High Court of Namibia.
Her clients range from individuals (inside and outside Namibia) to large companies. She often acts as correspondent for other law firms not based in Namibia that need to institute or defend matters in the Namibian High Court or Supreme Court.
- Accredited as a court-connected mediator (2018)
- Obtained Right of Appearance in the Supreme Court (2016)
- Recognized as a Notary Public (2016)
- Attorney admitted to the High Court of Namibia (2011)
- Qualified as conveyancer (2013)
- LLB, University of the Free State, LLM (2009)
- University of the Free State, LL.B. (2008)
- 2018 to current, Senior Associate, Ellis Shilengudwa Inc, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Namibia
- 2013-18, Legal Practitioner and Conveyancer, Namibian-based law firm
- 2011-13, Legal Practitioner, Namibian-based law firm
- 2010, Justice Training, Namibian-based law firm