Mia Kellerman practices in the Corporate and Commercial department of Ellis Shilengudwa Inc, with a focus on energy and natural resources and financial services sectors. Her expertise includes mergers and acquisitions, due diligences, drafting and negotiating of commercial contracts, advising clients on competition and other regulatory matters, as well as advising clients on the structuring (and restructuring) and capitalization (recapitalization) of entities.
She is also an experienced commercial litigator, having advised and acted for various corporate, financial and government institutions on high-value claims in the High and Supreme Courts of Namibia. She furthermore has vast experience in labor law, with her expertise covering all aspects from disciplinary proceedings, collective bargaining, retrenchments, arbitrations and labor appeals and reviews in the labor court.
Experience has included advising:
- China National Nuclear Corporation on its acquisition of the majority shareholding in Rossing Uranium (Proprietary) Limited
- Part of the professional team who advised First National Bank of Namibia Limited on its acquisition of the Point Break Group
- Part of the professional team who advised Eco Atlantic as local counsel, in respect of its intended listing on the London Stock Exchange and advising Eco Oil and Gas Limited on its reverse listing on the Namibia Stock Exchange
- Part of the legal team who advised Nguni Property Fund on its intended listing on the Namibia Stock Exchange
- Legal Practitioner Council Member, Veterinarian Council of Namibia (2017 - present)
- Treasurer, Namibian Women Lawyers Association (2016 - 2018)
- Court-accredited mediator (2015)
- Admitted as a legal practitioner of the High Court of Namibia (2012)
- Part-time lecturer, University of Namibia, Justice Training Program