Marion van Dorssen advises on various commercial matters including, business transactions, shareholding structures and investments with a focus on private equity and venture capital firms.
Her clients range from directors of large retail and pharmaceutical companies to directors of venture capital firms.
Marion also advises on labor law issues, environmental legislation and compliance, and mining matters.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a large retail store in a merger
- As a team member, legislation risk index for an embassy on applicable environmental legislation in Namibia
- As a team member, legal opinion on bilateral investment treaties between Namibia and Germany / Netherlands
- Associate admitted to the High Court of Namibia (2019)
- Stellenbosch University, LL.B. (2016)
- Stellenbosch University, BA Hon Geographic Information Systems (2008)
- Stellenbosch University, BA Social Dynamics (2007)
- 2019 to present, Associate, Ellis Shilengudwa Inc, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Namibia
- 2017 to 2019, Candidate Attorney, Windhoek-based top-tier commercial law firm
- 2010 to 2012, Environmental Impact Assessment Practitioner specializing in compliance with the Environmental Management Act and Regulations, Windhoek-based engineering firm
- Member of the Golden Key Society