Rauna joined ESI in January 2017 as a candidate attorney and is currently an associate in the corporate, commercial department.
Rauna’s experience includes:
- Drafting of a wide range of commercial agreements.
- Advising on company law, banking, finance, project structuring and general commercial and corporate matters.
- Preparing and submitting merger notifications to the Competition Commission of Namibia.
- Advising and assisting various private equity funds.
- Providing competition law opinions for clients in various sectors, such as advice on the structuring and notifiability of transactions.
- Interpreting and advising on various commercial agreements; drafting settlement agreements, lease acknowledgement of debt and contract extension agreements.
- Conducting and preparing due diligence investigations and reports for clients in various industries.
- Assisting clients with board structures, corporate governance, policies and compliance with governing statute.
- Assisting in labour law (including initiating of disciplinary hearings) and litigation matters.
- Acting as agent for the administration of deceased estates with the Master of the High Court.
- Advising on winding-up and liquidation of companies and carrying out voluntary members liquidations of private companies.
- Preparing trust deeds and setting up of trusts (inter vivos and testamentary trusts), including the provision of general trust law secretarial services.
- Debt collection matters in the Magistrates Court and High Court of Namibia.
- Advising general company secretarial work and work pertaining to their on-going corporate governance.
- University of Pretoria (South Africa): BCom (Law) Financial Accounting and Taxation (2014); LLB (2016)
- Rauna completed her articles with the Justice Training Centre during 2017 and was admitted to the High Court of Namibia in 2018.