Tangeni works as a candidate legal practitioner at Ellis Shilengudwa Incorporated (“ESI”). Before joining ESI, she worked at the central bank of Namibia as a financial analyst and a graduate trainee. At ESI she has gained experience in corporate finance, project finance, company secretarial matters, intellectual property law and competition law matters. She has also assisted on a range of corporate financing transactions with a key focus on regulatory approval and requirements.
Tangeni has specifically advised and/or assisted on the following:
- Providing a South African client with a regulatory overview of the requirements and approvals for an entity which operates as a SWIFT bureau within Namibia
- Assist with advising a major local bank regarding investigations by the Competition Commission;
- Regularly advising a Namibian Mining Company on general commercial and corporate matters;
- Conducting research and drafting guidance notes only newly promogulated laws in Namibia;
- Assisting with the winding up of several Namibian companies.
- Conducting and drafting various corporate and litigation due diligence for a South African entity;
- Drafting and reviewing various commercial agreements; and
- Regularly assists with the registration of shell companies;
- University of Cape Town (South Africa): LLM (Commercial Law specialisation) (2020)
- University of the Western Cape (South Africa): LLB (2018)