Moses is a corporate and commercial attorney with extensive experience in advising clients and negotiating contracts in the financial services and energy sectors. He regularly acts as counsel to private and public operators, including banks, private equity funds and renewable energy companies on matters such as acquisitions, project finance, notes issuance, PPPs, project due diligence and general legal and regulatory compliance. Moses has also worked on projects funded by international development institutions, advised on legal policy issues and contributed to law reform projects.
His experience covers a range of sectors including financial services, technology, real estate, energy and natural resources, aviation, manufacturing and consumer goods and retail.
Experience has included advising:
- The Government of Rwanda regarding all the legal and regulatory aspects relating to the issuance of a multi-million dollar bond
- A regional bank and two other local banks regarding a multi-million dollar financing of a 4 star hotel in Kigali
- Several multinational investors in Rwanda regarding various energy projects involving hydro, peat and methane.
- Several lenders regarding the financing of the new Bugesera International Airport in Rwanda
- An international telecom company regarding a multi-million dollar public-private partnership project with the Government of Rwanda for the creation of joint venture to design, finance, develop, construct, own, operate and maintain a national 4G/LTE wireless access network in Rwanda
- An international investor regarding the structuring and negotiation of a joint venture project for the building of a multi-million dollar high nutrient food factory involving IFC, WFP and Government of Rwanda
- Several international financial institutions regarding the financing of the acquisition of Boeing and Airbus aircrafts by RwandAir
- Two European financial institutions regarding the financing of a forestry company in Rwanda
- Several international financial institutions regarding a multi-million dollar mergers and / or acquisitions relating to several Rwandan banks
- Several international and local financial institutions regarding a syndicated financing of Rwanda’s biggest cement manufacturer for construction of a new cement plant
- Advocate admitted to the Rwanda Bar (2008)
- Institute of Legal Practice and Development, Diploma in Legal Practice (2016)
- McGill University, LL.M. (2003)
- National University of Rwanda, LL.B. (1998)
- 2008 - Present Equity Juris Chambers, Partner
- 2003 - 2006 United Nations Children’s Fund, Legal and Policy Expert
- 1999 - 2003 National University of Rwanda, Assistant Lecturer
- Rwanda Bar Association
- East African Law Society