Casandra Kabagyema is a corporate and commercial lawyer with experience representing a range of clients, including private and public companies, government agencies and international organizations in various corporate and commercial matters, company formation, contract negotiation and drafting, conducting due diligence, employment and immigration issues and protection of intellectual property rights.
Her experience covers a range of sectors including consumer goods and retail, infrastructure, construction and transport, and real estate.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, an international investor regarding legal aspects and institutional framework of the PPP structuring of the Kigali Bulk Water project and drafted legal due diligence report in respect to the project
- As a team member, international and local clients regarding corporate law matters including advising them on registration of companies, mergers and acquisitions and corporate compliance issues
- As a team member, international and local clients regarding labor law matters including, but not limited to, drafting and advising on the form of employment contracts, drafting of internal rules and regulations, entering and terminating employment contracts and mandatory pension schemes among others
- As a team member, international and local clients regarding trademark registration procedures and related matters
- As a team member, an international financial institution regarding a multi-million dollar acquisition of a stake in a Rwandan bank which assignment included conducting legal due diligence and advising on Rwandan laws relating to mergers and acquisition of banks.
- As a team member, an international bank and two other local banks regarding the financing of a four star hotel in Kigali
- As a team member, a multi-national investor regarding the structuring and negotiation of a joint venture project for the building of a high nutrient food factory involving IFC, WFP and Government of Rwanda
- As a team member, a venture capital firm regarding the development of a USD27 million high rise commercial space property in Kigali
- Advocate admitted to the Rwanda Bar Association (2019)
- Keele University, LL.B. (2012)
- Institute of Legal Practice and Development, Diploma in Legal Practice (2016)
- 2020 to Present, Senior Associate, Equity Juris Chambers
- 2013 to 2019, Associate, Equity Juris Chambers
- 2012 to 2012, Legal Assistant, Rwandan law firm
- Rwanda Bar Association
- East African Law Society