Gervis is an Associate at Equity Juris Chambers and his areas of practice include corporate law, commercial law, intellectual property law, land law and employment law.
Prior to joining the firm, Gervis worked as an associate at a Rwandan based commercial and corporate law firm. His main duties included assisting and advising companies in matters such as company incorporation and restructurings, negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts, advising on intellectual property related matters as well as assisting with commercial dispute resolution.
Experience has included advising:
- Companies in negotiations, drafting, reviewing, and giving advice on various commercial and corporate contracts such as service provision agreements, partnership agreements, share purchase agreements, assets and real estate acquisition agreements.
- An international pharmaceutical pharmacy on data protection compliance requirements.
- An international football association on the use of copyright protected assets.
- Companies and non-profit organizations on employment related matters, including employment agreements, acquisition of work permits and employment law compliance requirements.
- Companies in litigations and in alternative dispute resolution (such as mediation and negotiation).
- Companies and non-profit organisations on the registration procedures and the different registration structures and the related tax implications.
Institute of Legal Practice and Development, Diploma in Legal Practice (2022)
University of Rwanda, LLB. (2020)
2022- Present, Equity Juris Chambers, Associate
2021-2022, Rwandan Law Firm, Associate