Before joining L&P Partners, Steven spent almost seven years in Algiers and Paris top tier law firms.
He is fluent in French, English and Arabic, and specializes in corporate, commercial, regulatory, energy and project matters.
Steven has significant experience advising various investors, sponsors, and States on infrastructure and energy related transactions. He also advises international clients on foreign investments in Algeria.
Steven has been quoted as “rising star” in the energy and corporate practice areas in the 2021 Legal 500 rankings for Algeria and is member of the African Business Lawyers’ Club and the Association of Young Arbitration Practitioners.
- Neptune Energy Group on its entry into an exclusivity agreement under which it proposes to acquire ENGIE E&P International S.A. (EPI) for USD3.9 billion Neptune, backed by funds advised by The Carlyle Group (through its Carlyle International Energy Partners platform), CVC Capital Partners Fund VI and a group of co-investors would acquire a majority shareholding in EPI from France’s ENGIE Group;
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation in connection with the acquisition of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation upstream and downstream petroleum activities in Algeria, including structuring the deal and all Algerian law regulatory aspects;
- Air Products, a leading global industrial gas company, in connection with the joint investments relating to helium feedstock, additional two new air separation plants and gas production and delivery agreements entered into with Sonatrach for a combined value of USD100 million;
- Arab Petroleum Investments Corporation (APICORP), the OPEC’s multilateral development bank, on the completion of an innovative Sharia-compliant financing facility for Oil Recovery Services SAL (ORS Sal), whose operations are based in Algeria;
- University of Paris 2 - Panthéon-Assas, LLM in Business law in Arabic countries
- University of Paris X – Nanterre-La Défense, Post-graduate degree in European Business law (Master 2)
- University of Paris 2 – Panthéon-Assas, Masters degree in law
- Avocat à la Cour admitted to the Paris Bar