Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), (“M&K”), hosted its second WIN Africa event on 31st August 2018 at the Peermont Grand Palm Hotel, Gaborone, Botswana, at which the entire M&K team of attorneys was in attendance.
Isaac Ntombela is a Partner and Head of Corporate & Commecial Division. He advises on all aspects of transactional work including mergers & aquisitions, competition, tax and employment. Isaac's clients include mining companies, insurance industry, independent power producers, construction companies, telecommunication entities and financial institutions.
Isaac also advises extensively on regulatory compliance including anti-money laundering and combatting financing terrorism (AML/CFT) and data protection.
Experience has included advising:
- MOD Resources Limited in relation to its T3 Copper project;
- Mauk Invest, Kalahari Invest and J.E.Y. Bots in a majority share acquisition in a tourism enterprise;
- As a team member, Botswana Public Officers Pension Fund in establishment of its P1.5 billion private equity incubation program; and
- An international online retailer on compliance with local privacy laws.
- Attorney admitted to the High Court of Botswana (2011)
- Accredited Law Lecturer, Botswana Training Authority (2010)
- University of Pretoria, LL.B. (cum laude) (2009)
- CIMA, Certificate in Islamic Commercial Law (2014)
- 2017 to date, Partner, Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), DLA Piper Africa, Botswana
- 2011 to 2017, Associate, Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), DLA Piper Africa, Botswana
- Law Society of Botswana
The Data Protection Act 2018 (the “DPA”) was assented to by the Parliament on 3rd August 2018 and is currently on notice. As the first local statutory enactment focused solely on protection of personal data it is without doubt a critical piece of legislation.