Recently Tatenda Dumba, a senior associate in our Corporate & Commercial Division attended the Botswana Stock Exchange Limited Listing Requirement Refresher Workshop which was held at the BSE offices on the 18th of October 2018.
Our corporate lawyers have wide-ranging experience gained over many years of working on local and international transactions in collaboration with leading international corporate and commercial specialists. Our team is comprised of lawyers at various levels of seniority to ensure each matter is staffed at an appropriate level to focus efforts and control costs at all stages.
Our team offers a one-stop solution for corporations wishing to establish a presence in Botswana or to move part of their operations to Botswana. We regularly structure complex transactions, co-ordinate cross-border transactions, conduct and manage due diligence investigations, deal with regulatory compliance, advise on the tax implications of transactions, advise on funding-related aspects and prepare all transaction documents required. Our focus areas include mergers and acquisitions, finance, compliance, mining, employment, immigration, energy, tax, competition, restructuring, equity and debt offerings, private equity, pensions and insurance.
Our clients benefit from valuable knowledge derived from a combination of global and local insight that positions us to deal with various matters, from domestic to cross-border transactions. Our ability to understand and deliver across all industry sectors is critical to our success.
Experience has included advising:
- One of the biggest international beverage companies in acquiring a non-alcoholic beverage business from Kgalagadi Breweries (Pty) Limited;
- MOD Resources Limited (Australian mining company) on starting up a mining operation;
- Louis Vuitton in competition merger clearances;
- On the listing of the Standard Chartered Bank Botswana BWP5 billion debt issuance note programme;
- China Development Bank on a mining operation;
- Finnish Fund for Industrial Cooperation Limited on concluding a project finance transaction; and
- Letlole La Rona Limited (listed variable rate loan stock company) in setting up a security special purpose vehicle to house mortgages for various lenders.
Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), (“M&K”), hosted its second WIN Africa event on 31st August 2018 at the Peermont Grand Palm Hotel, Gaborone, Botswana, at which the entire M&K team of attorneys was in attendance.