The Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority (NBFIRA) is the body charged with regulating non-bank financial institutions and improving the fairness, efficiency and orderliness of the non-bank sector and the stability of the financial system.
Jayne Cross is a Partner and Head of the Civil & Corporate Litigation Division. Her area of expertise is in the field of insurance law, commercial and civil litigation.
Jayne is a trainer in the Trail Advocacy Course administered by the Law Society of Botswana, in conjunction with US and East African lawyers which provides legal advocacy training skills.
Experience has included advising:
- Most of the international insurance companies in Botswana as well as the Government Insurance Scheme;
- Clients on instituting and defending third party insurance claims;
- Clients on litigation relating to insurance contracts;
- Clients on defending public liability claims;
- Clients on workers compensation claims and on the Workers Compensation Act;
- Clients on litigation related to disputed pension matters;
- Clients on repossessions matters;
- Clients on personal damages claims;
- Clients on medical negligence claims; and
- Clients on property disputes.
- Attorney admitted to the High Court of Botswana (2009)
- University of South Africa, LL.B. (cum laude) (2008)
- Law Society of Botswana and National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Diploma in Trial Advocacy (2010)
- February 2017 to date, Partner, Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), DLA Piper Africa, Botswana
- 2010 to 2016, Associate, Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), DLA Piper Africa, Botswana
- 2009, Pupil Attorney, Gaborone based law firm
- Law Society of Botswana