It is trite law that an employer attracts vicarious liability for the delicts of an employee committed in the course and scope of the latter’s employment.
Lesego Babitseng is an Associate in our Civil and Corporate Litigation division. He is experienced in civil litigation particularly in the fields of insurance, company law, employment and liquidations.
He also has experience in large-scale debt collection for banks, insurance companies and other financial entities.
Experience has included advising:
- Clients on strategies for debt recovery
- On property and real estate matters including land and property disputes
- Clients on insurance related matters which include, instituting and defending third party insurance claims; advising on insurance policies; public liability and personal damages claims
- On labor matters which also include chairing disciplinary hearings
- Clients on repossessions
- Clients on litigation matters such as medical malpractice
- as a team member, BPOPF before the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Attorney admitted to the High Court of Botswana (2012)
- Notary admitted (2012)
- Conveyancer admitted (2012)
- University of Botswana, LL.B. (2012)
- Law Society of Botswana, Certificate in Trial Advocacy (2017)
- December to date, Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), DLA Piper Africa, Botswana
- 2012 to 2017, Associate, Gaborone based law firms
- Law Society of Botswana
- Kalahari Conservation Society (KCS)