It is trite law that an employer attracts vicarious liability for the delicts of an employee committed in the course and scope of the latter’s employment.
Lesego Babitseng is an Associate in the Civil & Corporate Litigation Division, where he does general civil litigation particularly in the field of insurance, general contract, company law, employment and liquidations. He also has experience in large-scale debt collection for banks, insurance companies and other financial entities.
Experience has included advising:
- on necessary actions and strategies for debt recovery;
- on dealing with land and property disputes;
- on instituting and defending third party insurance claims;
- on policies of insurance;
- on public liability claims;
- on labor matters;
- on chairing disciplinary hearings;
- on repossessions;
- on personal damages claims;
- on medical malpractice litigation;
- on necessary actions and strategies for debt recovery; and
- as a team member, BPOPF in representation before the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Attorney admitted to the High Court of Botswana (2012)
- Notary admitted (2012)
- Conveyancer admitted (2012)
- University of Botswana, LL.B. (2012)
- Law Society of Botswana, Certificate in Trial Advocacy (2017)
- December to date, Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), DLA Piper Africa, Botswana
- 2012 to 2017, Associate, Gaborone based law firms
- Law Society of Botswana
- Kalahari Conservation Society (KCS)