Namie Modiri is an Associate in the Corporate and Commercial Division.
Namie works as part of a team that advises clients on various aspects of law including corporate, employment, intellectual property, competition, banking, project finance, tax and insurance.
Namie has generally advised as a team member in the above mentioned corporate and commercial issues.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member for a loan refinancing transaction on behalf of Consol Glass with the provision of three facilities by the lenders worth a combined amount of ZAR6 billion;
- As a team member for a loan refinancing transaction on behalf of Universal Coatings for the provision of a facility in the amount of ZAR3 billion;
- As a team member for the preparation of a debt term sheet for a loan refinancing transaction on behalf of Kagiso Media;
- Various companies on competition laws particularly regarding merger notification requirements;
- As a team member for local loan facility on behalf of Letlole La Rona Limited;
- Various companies on their compliance with laws in Botswana;
- Clients on and conducting various supervised due diligences focused on inter alia compliance with mining laws, company laws, tourism laws, tax laws, intellectual property laws, employment laws, competition laws and contractual agreements previously entered into; and
- Various companies on individual insolvency and sequestration, judicial management, winding-up and liquidations of companies.
- Attorney admitted with the High Court of Botswana (2017)
- Notary admitted (2018)
- Conveyancer admitted (2018)
- University of Pretoria, LL.B. (2015)
- University of Pretoria, LL.M. in Mercantile Law (2016)
- 2018 to date, Associate, Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), DLA Piper Africa, Botswana
- 2017, Pupil Attorney, Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), DLA Piper Africa, Botswana
- Law Society of Botswana