Obakeng Keith Mmopi joined the firm serving the remainder of his Pupillage from January to July 2021.
Obakeng is now an Associate and his portfolio includes undertaking financial recovery on matters for banks and other financial entities.
Obakeng's interests are Financial Recoveries, Dispute Resolution and Employment Law. He is further interested in Tax Law.
- Debt Collection-including enforcing warrants of execution;
- Preparation of court documents such for application and actions;
- Application for variation of court orders;
- Rescission of judgment;
- Applications for civil imprisonment;
- Application for edictal citation, substituted service;
- Drafting of general heads of arguments, for points in limine and interlocutory applications such as exception, summary judgment;
- Labour matters, especially trade union and employee’s right;
- Application for Joinder of parties and consolidation of actions
- Applications for reinstatement;
- Amendment of pleadings;
- Summary judgment applications;
- Negotiating and moving settlement agreements;
- Garnishee proceedings;
- Review Applications.
- Interpreting, drafting and providing opinions on insurance claims to client insurance companies.
- Attorney admitted to the High Court of Botswana (2020) .
- University of Botswana LLB
- Remainder of Pupillage, Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), DLA Piper Africa, Botswana January to July 2021
- Associate, Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), DLA Piper Africa, Botswana, July 2021 to date
- Law Society of Botswana