IMMMA Advocates specializes in advising on and drafting security documentation and perfection of mortgages, debentures, assignment or receivables and insurance policies. It provides advice on all types of secured and unsecured lending facilities ranging from local facilities to cross-border loans, bridge loans, construction loans, asset finance and debt capital markets.
Experience has included advising:
- An Australian bank in a USD8.5 million lending to a local mining company which is to be secured against assets located in Tanzania
- A South African Bank in the security arrangement to secure a USD32 million loan facility extended to a foreign company which was to be secured against assets held in Tanzania by the borrower’s subsidiary
- Standard Bank plc of England on a syndicated trade finance facility which involves the creating and perfecting of security in Tanzania as well as opining on the enforceability of such security
- Successfully advised on the finance and security documentation for a local bank in respect of a USD10 million uncommitted revolving trade finance facility to a local oil marketing company
- On the finance and security documentation in favor of a Pan-African housing financier in respect of a credit facility in the sum of USD14.5 million advanced to a Tanzanian Housing Corporation for the purpose of building affordable housing for middle to low income families
- Successfully advised on the financing of a USD10 million term loan by a Pan-African housing institution to a local investment bank including the perfection and registration of the securities involved in the transaction