Our real estate lawyers will help you to integrate your real estate strategy with business operations, advising on effective and forward-looking approaches to real estate asset management.
We have extensive experience in active asset management for Africa-based organizations and multinationals operating in the region that buy, sell and manage land, buildings and other property. Our approach can help to ensure that average rents and overall yields continue to rise, that vacancy rates remain low, and they can achieve the desired tenant mix.
Local insights, international resources: with teams in 20 African countries, we offer a strong local presence backed by one of the world’s biggest law firms. Our lawyers understand the specific political, cultural, regulatory and economic issues that affect real estate asset management in the region.
Our global Africa team comprises more than 200 lawyers in Johannesburg, Casablanca, London, New York, Paris, Dubai, Perth, Hong Kong and Beijing. We also draw on the multidisciplinary resources of a global business law firm, meaning we can provide a fully integrated cross-border service as required.
Key capabilities include:
- the buying, selling, and leasing of assets within portfolios
- portfolio and estate management including asset transfers, and reorganizations
- the full range of typical landlord and tenant issues, including new lettings, renewals, rent reviews, tenant consents, terminations and refurbishments
- disputes and dilapidations
- lease-related transactions − leases, subleases, sale and leasebacks, assignments, management agreements and more
- tax issues − treatment of tenant allowances in maximizing recovery of building operating expenses and taxes, accessibility issues and imputed income issues
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to achieve your objectives.