Our real estate investment teams advise clients for whom real estate is a core asset or an alternative investment.
Because real estate is a preferred option for many investors seeking secure income streams, our team includes funds and tax lawyers to help maximize returns by identifying and creating the most appropriate structure, for you own account or for third-party money. Our approach is fully integrated with financing, regulatory, tax and transactional advice, creating a wraparound approach to real estate investment.
Local insights, international resources: with teams in 20 African countries, we offer a strong local presence backed by one of the world’s biggest law firms. Our lawyers understand the specific political, cultural, regulatory and economic issues that affect real estate investments in the region. Our global Africa team comprises more than 200 lawyers in Johannesburg and Casablanca, and other key financial centers including London, New York, Paris, Dubai, Perth, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Drawing on the multidisciplinary teams of our global Real Estate and Finance practices, we advise clients across all legal, commercial and financing issues involved in structuring, financing and tax advisory, due diligence, acquisitions and disposals, property development, and leasing and facilities management.
Whether an institutional investor is seeking to dispose of an African retail portfolio, a fund wants to acquire a major asset via a joint venture share acquisition, or a multinational corporation is contemplating locating a new regional headquarters in South Africa or Morocco, we can help.
Key capabilities include:
- acquisition and disposal: advising on the complex aspects of real estate transactions for all property types, including timely completion of substantial due diligence for large portfolio transactions.
- due diligence: helping companies organize, abstract and analyze their real estate portfolios, which may include leases, title reports, management agreements, easement agreements and other agreements.
- joint ventures and other structures: formation, structuring, acquisition and disposition
- tax: providing a viable, efficient and tailored tax strategy to supports real estate transactions
- dispute resolution: with disputes arising in even the most carefully managed investments, we minimize uncertainty and create workable solutions using the most appropriate mechanisms
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to achieve your objectives.