With a track record helping many of the world’s most successful industrial companies, our experienced team can advise and represent Moroccan and foreign clients across the entire spectrum of commercial issues they may face.
Regardless of the product, or the location of markets, successful industrial companies share many traits: a clear focus on customers’ needs, tight management of supply chains and continuous investment in research and development.
Clients benefit from our knowledge as well as our commitment to practical, timely service, support and involvement in the sector. Our experience spans metals and construction materials, industrial and advanced engineering, chemicals and paints, automotive and aerospace.
Our team is particularly adept at assisting industrial companies seeking to set up their supply chains and manufacturing plants in Morocco, be it in the context of special economic zones or ad hoc arrangements, for example in the framework of China's One Belt One Road initiative.
Experience has included advising:
- A Moroccan consortium in their partnership with Everpine, a Chinese private equity fund, to develop a tin metal box manufacturing plant for the Chinese market;
- Wilmar, a listed Singaporean company, in its joint venture with Cosumar, involving the construction of an edible oil refinery and specialty fats plant, valued at over EUR33 million;
- Europac in the sale to International Paper of 100% of the share capital and voting rights of Med Packaging SARL, its indirect subsidiary based in Tangier;
- Mutandis in its trademark registration in Africa, Europe and the Middle East and its distribution contracts in Morocco;
- An international EPC provider in 2 separate ICC arbitration proceedings relating to claims for indemnification of losses arising out of its subcontractors' breaches of contracts in the context of the construction of a power plant in Morocco; and
- Warwick Capital Partners in the acquisition of a majority stake in Porcher Industries, an international company that produces materials combining textiles and chemistry for multiple industrial applications (automotive, construction).
- Decathlon on real estate and regulatory matters for its supply chain premises in the Tangier Free Trade Zone.
- An Indian automobile company in the context of their corporate and distribution law matters in Morocco.
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition