Our Casablanca-based arbitration and regulatory team is skilled in dispute resolution and will deploy that experience to help you devise the best strategies. Advising on regulatory law, we focus on areas such as antitrust and competition, administrative procedures and legislation.
In an environment where regulation and its enforcement will only increase, we recognize that effective compliance and avoidance of regulatory intervention are business critical issues for our clients in Morocco and internationally.
We have the local knowledge to apply the regulatory, economic, political and cultural context to case strategies, including in the context of technically challenging or complex multi-jurisdictional arbitration.
Our team's particular areas of focus are:
- administrative / public issues
- antitrust and competition
- commercial contract dispute resolution
- employment-related dispute resolution
- governance and compliance
- infrastructure and construction dispute resolution
- international arbitration
- real estate dispute resolution
Experience has included advising:
- Al Amine Investissement Immobilier on a EUR2 million debt collection case against retail tenants of one the largest shopping malls in Morocco;
- NTT Data on the transfer of employees in the context of the acquisition of the IT service business of another company;
- An international EPC provider in 2 separate ICC arbitration proceedings relating to claims for indemnification of losses arising out of its subcontractors' breaches of contracts in the context of the construction of a power plant in Morocco;
- A leading consumer goods multinational in a dispute against a distributor before the Moroccan Court of Arbitration;
- The Embassy of the Kingdom of Morocco in the UK in government affairs matters including a public relations campaign;
- The Moroccan Ministry of Energy on the reform of the renewable energy law;
- ANP (the Moroccan National Port Agency) in the framework of the preparation of the public tender for the design, financing, development, operation and maintenance of Casablanca port's container terminal No. 3 (600.000 TEU); and
- Axalta Coating Systems in an employment dispute relating to the dismissal of a senior employee for serious misconduct.
- Tier 1 in Dispute Resolution (The Legal 500 2020)