The coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic is unfortunately now in Uganda. The raft of measures by the World Health Organization (WHO), and governments across the world (including our own) to contain the spread of the virus have resulted in an unprecedented disruption of business and day-to-day life.
Edith Komujuni practices with the firm’s banking and finance and real estate departments. She advises financial institutions on lending arrangements and other forms of specialised finance, as well as on compliance obligations with Uganda’s financial services regulatory regime.
In real estate, Edith focuses on the full range of services: acquisition and disposal of commercial real estate, leases and lease-backs, property finance, structuring beneficial holdings, the permit and consent process related to the use of land and tax planning for real estate acquisitions and disposals.
Edith also acts as the firm’s marketing and business development coordinator.
Experience has included advising:
- As team member, acting for twelve commercial banks in Uganda for their retail, corporate and investment lending operations;
- As team member, Trade and Development Bank for the project financing of run-of-the-river mini hydropower dams;
- As team member, a leading regional commercial bank for a USD50 million syndicated facility to the sponsor and developer of an inland container depot; and
- As team member, the borrower in connection with a USD40 million facility from a European DFI for the development of a cogeneration plant and factory refurbishment.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda (2016)
- Makerere University, Bachelor of Law (2013)
- Law Development Centre, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification) (2014)
- East African Law Society
- Uganda Law Society