The coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic is unfortunately now in Uganda. The raft of measures by the World Health Organization (WHO), and governments across the world (including our own) to contain the spread of the virus have resulted in an unprecedented disruption of business and day-to-day life.
Edith Komujuni advises financial institutions on lending arrangements and other forms of specialised finance, as well as on compliance obligations with Uganda’s financial services regulatory regime. In real estate, Edith focuses on the full range of services: the acquisition and disposal of commercial real estate, leases and leasebacks, property finance, structuring beneficial holdings, the permit and consent process related to the use of land and tax planning for real estate acquisitions and disposals.
Experience has included advising:
- Standard Chartered Bank, Stanbic Bank, Absa Bank and Centenary Bank for their retail, corporate and investment lending operations.
- Two downstream petroleum companies on the reorganisation of their real estate holdings for retail service stations and depots.
- The project sponsors and equity financiers for a USD40 million mixed-use development.
- A leading multinational entity on the USD20 million disposal of its property portfolio.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda.
- Makerere University: Bachelor of Laws.
- Law Development Centre: Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification).
- Member of the East African Law Society.
- Member of the Uganda Law Society.