Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
Our lawyers in Uganda are at the forefront of advising the infrastructure, construction and transport sector, working with clients who invest in, own, operate, manage or provide services to infrastructure assets.
From the roads which transport our goods, to the telecommunications which keep us connected, world class infrastructure provides the foundations to create jobs, grow business and connect people with essential services.
Our experience spans public transport, renewable energy, waste, defense, education, healthcare as well as social infrastructure and leisure, rail, roads, among others.
Experience has included advising:
- National Social Security Fund (as the private counterparty) for the development of a USD222 million government campus on a public-private partnership basis (build, own and transfer) with the Government of Uganda;
- Total E&P (Uganda) B.V, Tullow Operations and CNOOC Uganda on the performance of a detail legal feasibility study for the proposed construction of an export pipeline, from the Albertine Graben to the East African coast;
- China Harbour Engineering Company, the EPC contractor, on the special-case procurement of CHEC to construct the USD3.2 billion standard gauge railways, which is a project conducted under a bilateral arrangement between the Heads of State of Northern Corridor Integration Project and the People’s Republic of China;
- Government of Uganda on a USAID-funded feasibility study into proposed creation of the Uganda Infrastructure Fund, an initiative of The Fourth Presidential Investor’s Round Table in which it was agreed to establish a public-private USD1 billion infrastructure fund;
- AMEA Power on the establishment of a 10 MW solar power station; and
- Metier South Africa and African Clean Energy Solutions on the establishment of a 20 MW biomass power plant.
- Band 1 – General Business Law (Chambers and Partners 2019)
- Tier 1 – Energy and Infrastructure (IFLR1000 2019)
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition