DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
In Uganda, we have an experienced team of professionals working exclusively on corporate insolvency, debt recovery and restructuring, and an experienced team of professional collectors working exclusively on debt recovery matters.
We handle a range of insolvency matters for financial institutions and other private entities. We have focused on building capacity in corporate insolvency beyond receiverships, liquidations and administrations and our expertise also extends to debt recovery, restructuring and rescheduling, investigation and asset-tracing.
We manage assignments from the mid-market to the largest national and international restructurings and insolvencies. Our experience also extends to contentious issues arising from restructurings and insolvencies.
Experience has included advising:
- Standard Chartered Bank, Stanbic Bank, Absa Bank and Ecobank for non-litigious and litigious corporate insolvency representation, including recovery mandates.
- Total, as a creditor, on the administration of a leading telecommunications company.
- Unilever, as creditor, on the involuntary liquidation of a regional supermarket chain.
- Trade and Development Bank, as the debenture-holder, in the conduct of a receivership of a pharmaceutical manufacturing company.
- Standard Chartered Bank, as the debenture-holder, in the conduct of a receivership of a stationery manufacturer.
- Root Capital for the administration and realisation of multiple charged assets.
- An anti-malarial treatments manufacturer on a strategic disposal of assets and subsequent voluntary liquidation.
- A leading independent power producer on a significant debt rescheduling.