The value of our consumer goods and retail sector comes from offering commercially sound advice across the full range of legal issues affecting those participating in these markets in Uganda.
Companies operating in today’s consumer goods and retail sector must adapt to an increasingly competitive environment and at the same time navigate an ever more complex array of regulatory requirements. Understanding and complying with these requirements is an integral component of strategic growth, from R&D through to manufacturing, marketing and distribution.
We are focused on providing clients with advice based on in-depth sector knowledge, local experience and international best practice.
Experience has included advising:
- Vivo Energy, Total, Unilever, British American Tobacco and Woolworths in special-case Ugandan law compliance programs;
- The Uganda Pepsi Cola franchisee on various local law regulatory and transactional matters;
- Uganda Breweries (Diageo) on various tax and employment matters;
- Unilever on various tax, intellectual property, corporate and employment matters;
- British American Tobacco on various corporate, regulatory and tax matters, including compliance with listing obligations and bespoke tobacco control regulation;
- Britannia Allied on various tax and employment matters; and
- A leading global health and hygiene company on intellectual property rights protection matters in Uganda.