Andrew Munanura Kamuteera specializes in insolvency, recoveries and restructurings and commercial dispute resolution.
Andrew's insolvency practice encompasses: insolvency procedures, business restructuring, debt recovery, debt restructuring and rescheduling, investigation and asset-tracing and recoveries litigation. Andrew advises a regional development bank, several commercial banks, special-purpose investment funds and multinational corporate entities on various insolvency and recovery matters.
In disputes, Andrew represents clients on a wide range of banking, construction and commercial law matters and has acted for financial institutions, the Kenya-Uganda railway concessionaire and the national roads agency in significant mandates.
Experience has included advising:
- Trade and Development Bank, in the conduct of a receivership of a pharmaceutical manufacturing company
- A suite of creditors, including Standard Chartered Bank Uganda, in representing the creditors’ interests in connection with the liquidation of a leading retail supermarket chain
- GroFin Africa Fund Uganda Limited, as a secured creditor in the insolvency proceedings of a leading electrical appliance distributor
- Various bank and non-bank lenders, in enforcement proceedings against defaulting borrowers under term loan and asset finance facilities
- The national road agency, in arbitration proceedings under the International Chamber of Commerce for a USD48 million breach of contract claim against a contractor
- A leading continental integrated tourism group, in defending contested insolvency proceedings instituted against it by a business counterparty
- British American Tobacco Uganda, in successfully defending a high-value claim for compensation arising out of a quasi-contractual dispute with a firefighting company
- The national road agency, in successfully defending a multimillion dollar procurement process against a challenge by a disqualified bidder
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda (2008)
- Law Development Centre, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification) (2007)
Uganda Christina University, Mukono, Bachelor of Law (2006)
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
Member of the Uganda Law Society