Ferdinand Musimenta’s dispute resolution practice covers commercial and civil litigation. He represents clients in both contentious and non-contentious mandates in numerous areas of law such as banking and financial services, commercial contracts, insurance, workers’ compensation, negligence and product liability, transport and general civil litigation.
Experience has included advising:
- Stanbic Bank, Centenary Bank, Umeme Limited and other leading corporate entities in defending unlawful termination and dismissal claims.
- Stanbic Bank in novel jurisdictional disputes related to the nature and scope of assessment of workers’ compensation claims.
- Standard Chartered Bank in recovery matters arising out of term loan and asset finance facilities.
- Centenary Bank in recovery matters arising out of asset finance facilities.
- Sinohydro Corporation in a jurisdictional dispute related to the nature and scope of assessment of workers’ compensation claims.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda.
- Uganda Christian University, Mukono: Bachelor of Laws.
- Law Development Centre: Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification).
- Member of the East African Law Society.
- Member of the Uganda Law Society.