James Samuel Zeere's dispute resolution practice covers commercial and civil litigation. He represents clients in both contentious and non-contentious mandates in numerous areas of law such as, banking and financial services, commercial contracts, insurance, workers' compensation, negligence and product liability, transport and general civil litigation.
James also coordinates Sebalu & Lule's pro bono program, which assists and advises both individual members of the public and entities in initiatives that promote the rule of law and support access to justice.
Experience has included advising:
- MTN Uganda, in judicial review proceedings to challenge directives issued by the sector regulator concerning the administration of a material business contract
- CIC Insurance Group, in proceedings before the sector regulator to determine the scope of an insurer’s ability to place agriculture risk insurance outside of the collective Uganda Agriculture Insurance Scheme
- Sinohydro Corporation, in relation to a high-value dispute with a contract counterparty arising out of the client’s implementation of a government local content policy
- Stanbic Bank, in defending multiple claims for breach of mandate and the banker-customer relationship
- Nakasero Hospital, in relation to the defence of high-value medical negligence claims
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda (2014)
- Law Development Centre, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification) (2013)
- Uganda Christian University, Mukono, Bachelor of Law (2012)
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Member of the Uganda Law Society