Josephine Muhaise’s practice covers commercial disputes corporate and commercial advisory. In disputes, Josephine handles mandates in banking and financial services, insurance, insolvency and recoveries and commercial contracts. In advisory work, Josephine acts for corporate entities on legal, regulatory and transactional matters, including regulatory affairs, commercial contracts, compliance and risk and legal due diligence.
Experience has included advising:
- Stanbic Bank for the realization and enforcement options for securities held under term loan and asset finance facilities.
- Root Capital Inc. in enforcement proceedings arising out of a syndicated lending transaction to a Ugandan borrower.
- UAP-Old Mutual Insurance in defending high-value contested insurance fraud claims.
- British American Tobacco in its landmark constitutional challenge against the Tobacco Control Act 2015 before the Constitutional Court.
- A leading logistics services provider on involuntary appropriation and exercise of eminent domain by the Government of Uganda.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda.
- Makerere University: Bachelor of Laws.
- Law Development Centre: Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification).
- Member of the East African Law Society.
- Member of the Uganda Law Society.