Josephine Muhaise’s practice covers commercial disputes corporate and commercial advisory.
In disputes, Josephine handles mandates in banking and financial services, insurance, insolvency and recoveries and commercial contracts. In advisory work, Josephine acts for corporate and infrastructure entities on legal, regulatory and transactional matters, including regulatory affairs, corporate finance, corporate governance, commercial contracts, compliance and risk and legal due diligence.
Experience has included advising:
- Stanbic Bank, for the realization and enforcement options for securities held under numerous lending transactions (term loan and asset finance facilities)
- Root Capital Inc., in enforcement proceedings arising out of a syndicated lending transaction to a Ugandan-based borrower
- UAP- Old Mutual Insurance, in defending high-value contested insurance fraud claims
- British American Tobacco, in its landmark constitutional challenge against the Tobacco Control Act 2015 before the constitutional court
- A leading logistics services provider, on involuntary appropriation and exercise of eminent domain by the Ugandan government
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda (2015)
- Law Development Centre, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification) (2014)
- Makerere University, Bachelor of Law (2013)
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Member of the Uganda Law Society