Kezia Nakimuli advises financial institutions on lending arrangements and other forms of specialised finance, as well as on compliance obligations with Uganda’s financial services regulatory regime. In real estate, Kezia provides the full range of services: the acquisition and disposal of commercial real estate, leases and leasebacks, property finance, structuring beneficial holdings, the permit and consent process related to the use of land and tax planning for real estate acquisitions and disposals.
Experience has included advising:
- Standard Chartered Bank, Stanbic Bank, Absa Bank and Centenary Bank for their retail, corporate and investment lending operations.
- Trade and Development Bank for the project financing of three run-of-the-river mini hydropower dams (6.9 MW Mbigi-Sirimitiyo, 4.8 MW Waki and 9.6 MW Lower Nkusi).
- Trade and Development Bank for a revolving non-funded facility of USD100 million to Power China Guizhou Engineering Africa Company for the construction of a specialised hospital.
- The lender for a EUR10 million project financing to an integrated identity solutions joint venture for the establishment of a company to produce security documents and supply associated systems and services.
- The borrower in connection with a USD40 million facility from a European development bank for the development of a cogeneration plant and factory refurbishment.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation on the Ugandan-law aspects of the transfer of its functions, personnel, assets, and liabilities to the United States International Development Finance Corporation.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda.
- Makerere University: Bachelor of Laws.
- Law Development Centre: Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification).
- Member of the East African Law Society.
- Member of the Uganda Law Society.