Rodney Nganwa’s practice covers commercial disputes, corporate and commercial advisory. In dispute resolution, Rodney handles mandates in banking and financial services, commercial contracts insolvency and recoveries. In advisory work, Rodney acts for corporate and government entities on legal, regulatory and transactional matters, including regulatory affairs, corporate finance, corporate governance, commercial contracts, compliance and risk and legal due diligence.
Experience has included advising:
- National Environment Management Authority in appellate proceedings to challenge the damages award of USD50 million following the statutory cancellation of a former licensee’s grant, including a preliminary matter in which the scope of admissibility of additional evidence at the appellate level was widened.
- A regional distribution company, with successful results, in parallel proceedings for the setting aside and registration and enforcement of an aritral award.
- A leading financial institution on compliance obligations related to data protection and privacy legislation.
- A leading oil and gas operator Uganda on a land disputes in the Albertine Graben oil-belt.
- A private equity fund focused on micro-agricultural investments on corporate, licensing and land acquisition matters (through its Ugandan subsidiary).
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda.
- Uganda Christian University, Mukono: Bachelor of Laws.
- Law Development Centre: Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification).
- Member of the East African Law Society.
- Member of the Uganda Law Society.