Rominah Butetsi specializes in insolvency, recoveries and restructurings and commercial dispute resolution. Rominah’s insolvency practice encompasses insolvency procedures, business restructuring, debt recovery, debt restructuring and rescheduling and dispute resolution. Rominah advises several commercial banks, micro-lenders, special-purpose investment funds and multinational corporate entities on various insolvency and recovery matters. In disputes, Rominah represents clients on a wide range of banking and commercial law matters.
Experience has included advising:
- Trade and Development Bank, Vivo Energy and NCBA Bank, as secured creditors, in the insolvency proceedings of a leading construction company.
- Stanbic Bank for the realization and enforcement options for securities held under numerous lending transactions (term loan and asset finance facilities).
- Various private entities on voluntary winding-up proceedings and other strategic business exits.
- Various bank and non-bank lenders in enforcement proceedings against defaulting borrowers under term loan and asset finance facilities.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda.
- Makerere University: Bachelor of Laws.
- Law Development Centre: Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification.
- East African Law Society.
- Uganda Law Society.