Le Sénégal, à l’instar de plusieurs pays africains , a adopté le 22 février 2021 une nouvelle loi relative aux contrats de partenariat public-privé (la loi) abrogeant ainsi la loi n° 2014-09 du 20 février 2014 portant sur le même objet. La loi s’inscrit notamment dans un contexte de modernisation et rationalisation du régime juridique de partenariats public-privé (PPP) et de renforcement des intérêts de l’Etat et des acteurs économiques locaux.
We recognize that establishing the right financing mechanism is crucial to the success of any investment project. With significant commercial experience of the common banking legislation, our team provides advice on finance transactions across the OHADA states, including cross-border investments. We help clients to ensure that their financing models comply with local banking and currency control regulations.
We act for banks, other lenders and borrowers in these transactions. We provide advice on regulatory compliance as well as transactional work, including complex investment contracts.
With a history of advising on some of the region’s most significant infrastructure projects, our lawyers advise foreign and local investors and government agencies to maximize project outcomes and facilitate good business relationships.
Experience has included advising:
- Franco-Nevada in a USD135 million stream transaction for Teranga Gold in Senegal.
- Dangote Cement in its USD170 million syndicated loan facility from Ecobank and UBA.
- Standard Chartered Bank on its USD400 million loan for a telecommunications transaction in Senegal.
- Credit Suisse on loan transaction issues related to land granted by the Senegalese Government.
- China Export-Import Bank on loans to the Senegalese Government for the USD400 million Aibd-Mbour-Thies Expressway Project
- ICBC Standard Bank on its loan to the Government of Senegal for a cross currency swap
- Airbus and Santander on the bridging finance for the sale of an A330 airplane to Air Senegal – the first in Africa.
- American Capital, the lenders to the Taiba Ndiaye Wind Farm Project renewable energy in a public-private partnership with the Senegalese state electricity company
- Advising APM Terminals in their negotiations and agreements with the government to operate a harbor in Senegal.
- Tier 1 in Financial and Corporate (IFLR1000 2019)
- Winner for the Franco-Nevada USD135 million streaming transaction with Teranga Gold (Finance Monthly Deal Maker of the Year Award 2014 )