Le Sénégal, à l’instar de plusieurs pays africains , a adopté le 22 février 2021 une nouvelle loi relative aux contrats de partenariat public-privé (la loi) abrogeant ainsi la loi n° 2014-09 du 20 février 2014 portant sur le même objet. La loi s’inscrit notamment dans un contexte de modernisation et rationalisation du régime juridique de partenariats public-privé (PPP) et de renforcement des intérêts de l’Etat et des acteurs économiques locaux.
Our corporate lawyers in Senegal support Africa’s leading enterprises, emerging startup companies and financial institutions in their development and investment activities.
From mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and venture capital to private and public equity and debt offerings, we assist clients through all stages of their transactions to ensure successful deal outcomes.
Our clients benefit from a valuable combination of global insight and local knowledge that allows us to handle all aspects of complex domestic and cross-border corporate transactions. Understanding the industry and the day-to-day issues faced by our clients is critical to our success.
Both foreign and domestic companies seek our advice on a range of commercial, corporate and M&A matters. We provide legal due diligence services and advise on mergers and acquisitions, formation and incorporation of branches or subsidiaries, as well as acquisition of domestic companies and assets by foreign-owned companies. We help clients to optimize their business opportunities within the region by discussing the cross-border options available.
Experience has included advising:
- A leading automotive group in its acquisition of majority equity of the Senegalese company UNITECH.
- A leading ride-sharing application on establishing a legal entity in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Millicom on the sale of its subsidiary in Senegal and on a litigation claim brought during the sale process.
- Kosmos Energy in setting up a subsidiary and compliance with corporate governance requirements in Senegal.
- TNS in its merger with RMS making it the first market research company with a comprehensive African network.
- Toyota on product distribution issues in Gabon.
- Engen Petroleum on the sale of a subsidiary in Guinea Bissau.
- A leading ride-sharing company on introducing its taxi ride app in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Orion on establishing an employment services business in Senegal.
- Citigroup on its foreign hedge funds project with the common Reserve Bank of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo
- Ranked Tier 1 in Financial and Corporate (IFLR1000 2019)