Our experienced lawyers represent companies and individuals in resolving disputes and, if necessary, litigation.
Globalization has increased the potential for legal liability, exposing multinational employers as well as senior management, directors and employees to financial and reputational risk across multiple jurisdictions.
DLA Piper can help. Deploying innovative resolution strategies and focused case management, we identify and execute the most efficient solutions for our demanding clients. This can include pursuing or defending litigation or arbitration proceedings or alternative methods such as mediation.
Local insights, global resources: our teams in 20 African countries understand the specific legal, political, cultural, regulatory and economic issues that affect employment law in the continent. You also have a fast route into one of the world’s biggest litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution practices. Our global Africa team has more than 200 lawyers in locations such as Johannesburg, Casablanca, London, New York, Paris, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Key capabilities include:
Dispute resolution and litigation
- dispute avoidance
- strategic advice
- pre-litigation advice
- alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- cross-border / complex jurisdiction issues
- Judicial review
- class actions / Group Litigation Orders (GLO)
- alternative charging methods
- arbitration agreements
- conduct of arbitral proceedings
- enforce / resist enforcement of arbitral awards worldwide
- litigation including obtaining emergency injunctions and orders
- protecting investments by applying bilateral investment treaties and multilateral treaties
- advice on other effective dispute resolution mechanisms
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to achieve your objectives.