Ida Djuma advises in the management and monitoring of contentious issues and assessment of legal risks and harms. She acts for corporates in commercial-related disputes concerning the interpretation of agreements and breach of contract and damages claims resulting from the breach of the terms of agreements.
She helps in the resolution of disputes arising in connection with the execution of different types of contracts and legal risk assessment, always trying to measure the appropriateness of using an amicable solution.
Ida manages a large portfolio of court cases ranging from simple to complex files for an insurance company.
She is involved in litigation, arbitration and legal services acquired through the assistance of numerous cases handled before all courts and tribunals in Burundi on behalf of various clients.
Experience has included advising:
- An international organization on the effects of a merger with two other organizations
- International organizations on several labor disputes in front of the “Inspection du travail et de la Sécurité Sociale”
- An non-governmental organization on procurement procedures
- Private companies in disputes within various Burundi courts (civil and commercial) on matters of business law and business litigation (breach or termination of contracts)
- A multinational international transport company on a global litigation matter valued at USD3 million
- An oil company on a global litigation matter valued at BIF1 billion
- A local bank on a global litigation matter valued at BIF650 million
- A telecommunication company on a global matter valued at BIF661 million
- Advocate admitted with the Court of Appeal of Bujumbura (2009)
- Africa Arbitration Academy, Diploma in International Arbitration, (2021)
- Université Sagesse d' Afrique ,Master en droit des affaires, LL.M. (2020)
- Université Lumière de Bujumbura, LL.B. (2008)
- Ranked as a Highly Regarded lawyer by the IFLR1000, (2023)
- Ranked in Band 2 by Chambers & Partners Global (2023)
- Ranked as a Woman Leader by IFLR1000, (2022)
- Ranked as a Key Lawyer by The Legal 500 EMEA, (2023)
- Burundi Bar Association
- Member of the Bar council of Bujumbura
- East Africa Law Society
- Associate member at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Burundi Capital Market Regulatory Authority
La République du Burundi connait de plus en plus des nouveaux dynamismes dans le secteur financier en réponse au besoin de l’amélioration de son climat des affaires.