Our tax lawyers provide clients accurate, up-to-date information and advise on the tax implications of structuring transactions, providing opinions on the fiscal implications.
We assist and represent clients in the tax dispute resolution process, including filing objections or appeals before the tax authorities and litigating disputes in court.
Our expertise, professional knowledge and years of experience offers clients a comprehensive and tax-efficient service that is tailored to their individual business needs.
Experience has included advising:
- A regional accounting company in drafting a legal opinion on excise tax harmonization including findings related to data on national GDP, tax revenue, excise tax revenue and specific excise tax on particular products.
- An American multinational technology company in drafting a legal opinion on tax considerations for the provision of free software applications in Burundi.
- A German company in drafting a legal opinion on the fiscal implications of the new law relating to income tax on its employees based in Burundi.
- A NGO in representation before tax authorities in their tax disputes in connection with the professional tax on remuneration.
- An international tobacco company in the analysis of tax obligations on importing tobacco products.
- The International Finance Corporation in drafting a policy note on real estate transfer tax.
Africa is rich in natural resources, and several African economies are dependent on supplying or using fossil fuels, including South Africa, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Tanzania and Mozambique, to name a few.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
A global economy requires multinationals to adopt a global business strategy, which invariably involves the need to transfer a firm’s most important asset – its people – in a fluid way across national borders. That is why managing the mobilization of expatriate employees in the most efficient way, including handling strategic immigration, labor and tax legal issues, is critical for the oil and gas industry.
Understanding Zimbabwe's relatively new transfer pricing laws is crucial to foreign investors in Zimbabwe, foreign businesses in the country, and Zimbabwean organizations doing business with offshore entities.