La République du Burundi connait de plus en plus des nouveaux dynamismes dans le secteur financier en réponse au besoin de l’amélioration de son climat des affaires.
Our lawyers have strong expertise in the management and monitoring of contentious issues, assessment of legal risks and harms, defining legal strategies, preservation of evidence and the monitoring of the execution of judgments.
We work as business partners with clients to identify and execute the most advantageous solutions either by the prosecution or the defense of litigation or arbitration proceedings, or by other methods such as mediation.
Experience has included advising:
- An international organisation on several labor disputes before the labor inspection (Inspection du travail et de la Sécurité Sociale).
- Private companies in disputes before various Burundian courts (civil and commercial) on matters of business law and corporate litigation (breach or termination of contracts).
- A multinational international transport company on a global litigation matter valued at USD3.2 million.
- An oil company on a global litigation matter valued at BIF1 billion.
- A local bank on a global litigation matter valued at BIF650 million.
- A telecommunication company on a global matter valued at BIF661 million