Chrisostome Nsabimana advises on every component of a transaction, including commercial and private or residential real estate acquisitions and disposals, property finance, leasing, management and disputes, structuring, restructuring, and environmental and regulatory matters. He gives advice on the risk implications of the various forms of real security such as mortgage and notarial bonds. He assists clients in securitization schemes, acquisition and leveraged finance and syndicated lending.
Chrisostome’s advice assists in the management and monitoring of contentious issues, assessment of legal risks and harms, the definition of legal strategy, preservation of evidence and the monitoring of the execution of judgments.
He represents clients before courts and tribunals and in the management of complex judiciary procedures.
Experience has included advising:
- A commercial company, in legal representation before courts for a disputes concerning the interpretation of agreements and breach of contract and damages claims resulting from the breach of the terms of agreements.
- A German funding agency, in its support to the Government of Burundi in drafting a new mining code of Burundi. Specifically, the assignment was to:
- carry out a detailed analysis of the mining code process dated October 15th, 2013, and determine the commendations taken into account in the different versions of the draft code and the final code, and which have not been retained.
- Make a summary of the Mining Code October 15th, 2013 in order to present a synthetic and complete summary of the main provisions of the Mining Code.
- An insurance company in legal representation before courts for disputes concerning the insurance contracts and its applicability.
- As a team member, a regional funding organization, in the comparative analysis of some of the EAC Partner State’s laws and regulations with the EAC common market protocol.
- An international funding bank in improvement of business environment of Burundi.
- An airline company in legal representation before courts for disputes concerning the international transport and its applicability.
- As a team member, in drafting and disseminating a training module on transport law for judges of the Commercial Court.
- As a team member, the public and private telecommunication companies in delivering several legal opinions pertaining to transactions with international telecommunication companies.
- A Romano Catholic Archdiocese, in providing legal representation before courts for disputes related to real estate on various matters.
- Advocate admitted with the Court of Appeal of Bujumbura (2013)
- National University of Burundi, LL.B. (2012)
- Burundi Bar Association
- East Africa Law Society