Florence Kankindi advises clients in the management of their human resources processes and procedures including recruitment, performance appraisals, performance management, management of disciplinary procedures and regime, transfer of business, and corporate restructuring and redundancies. She represents clients in employment litigation matters in all courts and tribunals.
She also assists clients in the procedures of termination of employment contracts, such as the contractual and statutory obligations for the notice and termination of payments, and dismissal as a result of poor performance or the gross misconduct of employees in a company.
She helps on issues related to executive remuneration including remuneration structure, equity incentive arrangements, termination benefits, and related shareholder approval requirements.
Florence assists clients in revising and implementing regulatory texts and other human resources management tools that comply with Burundian social legislation.
Her clients range from start-ups and small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to large corporations, financial institutions, government and public sector companies, and non-profit organizations.
She also acts as trusted adviser to senior executives in relation to their employment-related needs.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, an industrial company in a number of employment contracts
- As a team member, a non-governmental organization in drafting legal opinions on employment issues
- As a team leader, NGOs and private companies, in dissemination of an employer’s obligations for human resource managers
- As a team member, a number of private companies, in drafting regulations and other human resource management tools
- As a team member, a regional bank, in recruitment process and vetting
- As a team member, NGOs and private companies, in representation before the labor court
- Advocate admitted with the Court of Appeal (2015)
- Uganda Christian University, LL.B. (2014)
- 2016 to 2017, Associate, in EVA Lawyers Group Center
- 2014 to 2016, Trainee, Burundi-based law firm
- Burundi Bar Association
- East Africa Law Society