Gratia Gahimbare is an associate in our Finance and Projects team. She has gained exposure and experience in Banking, Insurance and Competition Law.
Experience has included advising:
- A newly created bank on regulatory and legal requirements.
- Banks on various financial transactions.
- Members of the team that worked on the ONPRA rapid institutional assessment report on behalf of the World Bank.
- On the sale of IFC’s shares in Diamond Trust Burundi Limited to its parent company Diamond Trust Bank Kenya
- A Burundi insurance company on various legal transactions.
- On HR matters and performing background checks for companies.
- And representing clients before Courts and Tribunals.
- Jubillee insurance company on various legal matters
- Insurances’ companies on compliance with the country's legal and regulatory framework.
- And reviewing CRDB's lending instruments with the purpose of reducing the length of lending instruments as to be in line with CRDB business strategy, Burundian law and the market environment.
- Advocate admitted with the Court of Appeal (2012)
- Kampala International University, Uganda LL.M. (2018)
- Light University of Bujumbura, Burundi LL.B (2011)
- Burundi Bar Association.
- East Africa Law Society.