Abdool Rahim advises clients on all aspects of Mauritian law. He counts several years of experience practicing as a solicitor in international law firms in London. He has a particular focus on commercial and investment transactions, investment funds, banking & finance and private equity.
Abdool Rahim provides advice on a variety of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, international joint ventures and commercial agreements. He also advises clients on investment disputes.
Abdool Rahim is also experienced in the structuring and establishment of funds, fund restructuring and fund investments (including through the secondary market and fund finance).
His clients include international corporations, banks, development financial institutions, sponsors, family offices, fund managers and HNWs.
Experience has included advising:
- A DFI, in respect of an investment in an impact fund focused in financial services and healthcare companies in Africa and Asia (target size U$800million)
- Adenia Partners, a private equity firm, in respect of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Kanu Equipment Limited (Kanu), a pan-African distributor of capital equipment
- MCB Capital Markets, a subsidiary of the largest bank in Mauritius, acting as transaction adviser in respect of a financing by Vantage Capital in Cap Tamarin, a mixed-used, residentially-focused smart village in Mauritius
- A European DFI, in respect of an investment in a fund focused on renewal power in Sub-Saharan Africa (target size USD300 million)
- The Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), the US DFI, in respect of an investment in Phatisa Food Fund 2, a fund investing in sub Saharan Africa (target size USD300 million)
- A Kenyan-based technology venture capital company providing irrigation solutions in Africa in respect of a private equity investment round
- An international bank based in Singapore regarding a USD170 million financing to Mauritius entities and taking security on the assets relating thereto
- A leading world travel company in respect of a franchise agreement
- A fund manager in respect of the structure and the regulatory aspects of a fund in Mauritius to be listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- Barrister admitted to the Supreme Court of Mauritius (2017)
- Solicitor admitted to the Senior Courts of England & Wales (2009)
- Cambridge University, MA (2009)
- Cambridge University, BA Law (2002)
- 2017 to 2019, Partner, Juristconsult Chambers, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mauritius
- 2010 to 2017, Associate & Senior Associate, international law firm, London
- 2007 to 2010, Trainee Solicitor & Associate, international law firm, London & Dubai
- Mauritius Bar Association
- Law Society of England & Wales