Our lawyers in Mauritius offer a full range of real estate sector services including financing, fund formation, acquisitions and disposals, tax efficiency, land use, environmental law, planning and development, construction and leasing.
Real estate has emerged as an attractive long-term investment for investors seeking diversification and stable yields in an uncertain economy. As a sector, real estate must both compete with other investment classes and offer a desirable product to end-users whether they are buying or leasing.
Our clients benefit from our significant experience in orchestrating high value, long-term projects that involve complex structuring, facilitating negotiations, ensuring tax efficiency, navigating legal and regulatory issues and, when necessary, litigating on their behalf.
Our team has advised clients on numerous hotel and resort projects. We also have the experience to provide to our hospitality clients the value-added guidance to avoid them unnecessary problems at each phase of development.
We also handle litigation involving real estate. In addition, much of the complex work we carry out requires a multi-disciplinary approach and we regularly work closely with teams across the firm in our corporate, finance, tax and risk management functions.
Experience has included advising:
- High net worth individuals on the acquisition of one of the most luxurious hotels in the South of Mauritius, including structuring all financial & legal aspects of the transaction and authorizations with the Prime Minister’s Office.
- A hotel company in connection with their hotel project in the south of Mauritius including authorization with the Prime Minister's Office.
- IRS Villas owners on tax implications on the proposed re-structuring of ownership via a Luxemburg SOPARFI.
- Investors on complex VAT aspects of a significant real estate project in Mauritius.
- A developer of a PDS project on the west coast of Mauritius.
- Clients on the relevant procedure for residence permits, occupational permit and citizenship for foreigners investing in real estate in Mauritius.
- Real estate agencies on several real estate related issues.
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
As the articles in this issue show, the world’s second largest continent may offer real opportunities to foreign investors in real estate.