Emmanuel recently joined Juristconsult Chambers as an Associate Barrister-at-law. He has previously practised as a barrister-at-law for a Mauritius based chambers and as an associate for a Mauritius based law firm.
His practice primarily covers aspects of corporate and commercial law with a particular focus on financial services and banking and finance.
Emmanuel has advised and assisted various local and international corporate entities. He has acquired experience in the drafting of and advising on various domestic and foreign law governed commercial agreements as well as security agreements. It included service agreements, loan and finance agreements, licensing agreements, employment agreements and lease agreements.
Emmanuel has a keen interest in the fintech and emerging technologies sector.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, offshore, local and international entities on matters relating to licensing and operations in the manufacturing and industrial sector. This included the drafting and vetting of necessary documentation.
- As a team member, local and offshore companies in the drafting, vetting and negotiating of services agreements , share or asset purchase agreements and shareholders’ agreements.
- As a team member, several local companies on employment law issues and the drafting, vetting and negotiating of employment agreements.
- As a team member, local real estate companies in the drafting and vetting of lease agreements.
- As a team member, international clients on cross-border investment product offerings in Mauritius.
- As a team member, local and international clients on competition law issues involved in commercial practices.
- As a team member, local companies with the registration of trademarks, the drafting, negotiating and vetting of intellectual property licensing agreements.
- As a team member, local and international entities with regards to insolvency proceedings in Mauritius.
- Barrister-at-law admitted to the Bar of the Republic of Mauritius (2018)
- Called to the degree of an Utter Barrister of England and Wales by the Honourable Society of Middle Temple, London (2017)
- ADR/ODR International Accredited Civil Commercial Mediator (2017)
- Bar Professional Training Course, University of West England (2017)
- LLB (Honours), University of Central Lancashire (2016)
- Degree of Bachelor of Arts in Law and Management, University of Mauritius (2012)
- Mauritius based Law Firm – Associate (July 2019 – May 2022)
- Mauritius based Chambers – Barrister-at-law (September 2018 – May 2019)
- Mauritius based Attorney-at-Law - Pupillage under the supervision of an Attorney-at-law (May 2018 – August 2018)
- Mauritius based Chambers - Pupillage under the supervision of a Barrister-at-law (August 2017 – May 2018)
- Mauritius based Attorney-at-Law – Legal Internship (May 2016 – August 2016)
- Mauritius based chambers – Legal Internship/Para Legal (September 2011- July 2015)