Emilie joined Juristconsult Chambers in 2021 as Legal Executive and is now an Associate Barrister following her call to the bar of Mauritius in September 2021. Emilie’s practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law.
She provides legal advice and assistance to local and international clients on corporate governance matters, contractual obligations and mergers and acquisitions. Her experience includes carrying out due diligence exercises in cases of M&A, setting up data rooms for due diligence exercises and reviewing transaction documents relevant to M&A.
Emilie also assists local clients on employment law matters including by providing representation in disciplinary committees and advising on compliance with employment law.
She also has a keen interest in private equity and investment and in insolvency matters.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, in the seting up of a fund to provide financing to conservation tourism businesses working in sub-Saharan Africa.
- As a team member, assisted various local companies such as Rogers Capital Finance Ltd, Cim Financial Services Ltd, Le Chantier Naval de l’Ocean Indien (CNOI), amongst others, with employment matters including disciplinary committees.
- As a team member, an international group specialised in the gaming, hospitality and entertainment sector, with the acquisition of an interest of not less than 70% in a Mauritius company (by performing a due diligence exercise and the reviewing the transaction documents).
- As a team member, an international client with regards to a shareholders’ dispute and potential winding up proceedings.
- Barrister-at-Law called to the Bar of Mauritius (2021)
- Called to the degree of an Utter Barrister of England and Wales by the Honourable Society of Middle Temple, London (2019)
- ADR/ODR International accredited Civil Commercial Mediator (2019)
- LL.B. (Hons), Middlesex University (Mauritius Branch Campus) (2018)
- Bar Professional Training Course, University of the West of England (2019)
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Mauritius Bar Association
- Juristconsult Chambers, DLA Piper Africa in Mauritius – Legal Executive (February 2021 – September 2021)
- Juristconsult Chambers, DLA Piper Africa, Mauritius - Pupillage under the supervision of Mr. Burty Francois (November 2020 – February 2021)
- Mauritius based Attorney-at-Law - Pupillage under the supervision of an Attorney-at-law (July 2020 – October 2020)
- Mauritius based Chambers - Pupillage under the supervision of a Barrister-at-law (January 2020 – July 2020)
- Mauritius based Chambers – Mini Pupillage (July 2017 – September 2017)
- Mauritius based Chambers – Mini Pupillage (May 2016 – July 2016)
- Mauritius based Chambers – Mini Pupillage (April 2015 – September 2015)