Companies operating in today’s global consumer goods and retail sector must adapt to an increasingly competitive environment and at the same time navigate an evermore complex array of regulatory requirements. Understanding and complying with these requirements is an integral component of strategic growth, from research and development through to manufacturing, marketing and distribution.
We advise both domestic and international companies in the consumer goods and retail sector on a range of commercial and corporate matters in Senegal and beyond. These include: mergers and acquisitions, formation and incorporation of branches or subsidiaries, and acquisition of domestic companies and assets by foreign-owned companies. We help clients to optimize their business opportunities within the region by discussing the cross-border options available to them.
Experience has included advising:
- A major automobile and technology group in its acquisition of a majority equity of Senegalese company Unitech
- Arcelor Mittal on the liquidation of a subsidiary in Senegal
- Scanmills A/S on the acquisition of equity of Senegalese company Copelit
- Representing Arla Foods in its joint venture with Senegalese agricultural company Agroline
- TNS in its merger with RMS to make it the first market research company with a comprehensive African network
- Toyota on product distribution in Gabon
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition