Our lawyers in Senegal are at the forefront of advising the media, sport and entertainment industries.
Our advisory work includes: finance, borrowing, investment and corporate issues, production and rights acquisitions, exploiting media rights, staging and exploiting live sports and other events, intellectual property protection and enforcement, regulatory and administrative issues, antitrust and competition law, stadium and arena development and on the resolution of disputes.
In addition to handling the establishment of telecom structures in Senegal, we regularly provide legal services to many domestic and foreign corporations operating in the technology, media and telecommunications sector.
Experience has included advising:
- West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU) to conduct a survey on the legal aspects of the TMT sector in six West African countries with the aim to harmonize legislation
- Sky Vision Global Networks Ltd on telecommunications acquisitions in Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea and Niger
- Microsoft Corporation on the rollout of Windows Live Service across several jurisdictions in sub-Saharan Africa
- Google with a monthly legislative change-monitoring report
- The International Olympic Committee on legal aspects for the Youth Olympic Games
Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition