Boubacar Diakité heads GENI & KEBE Lawyers’ Corporate team. He advises on the full spectrum of corporate work for clients doing business in sub-Saharan Africa.
Boubacar supports clients with establishing businesses, mergers and acquisitions and restructuring. He advises on project financing for major and cross-border transactions. Boubacar works with clients across a number of sectors, with particular expertise in the consumer goods and infrastructure sectors.
Boubacar was the recipient of an ILFA (International Lawyer for Africa) scholarship in 2017. He has also worked on secondment in the London and Paris offices of DLA Piper.
Experience has included advising:
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China on the financing for building the United Nations buildings in Dakar’s satellite city
- A ride-sharing online platform on introducing its app in Côte d’Ivoire
- China Export-Import Bank on the financing for the Senegalese government's Mbour-Theis Expressway project
- Orion on establishing an employment services business in Senegal
- Jurist, Senegal (2007)
- University of Pretoria, LL.M. (2015)
- University of Bourguiba, LL.B. (2007)
- Winner of an International Law Firms for Africa Scholarship 2017
- 2009 to date, Senior Associate, GENI & KEBE Lawyers, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Senegal
- 2008 to 2009, Officer, West African Reserve Bank