Our lawyers in Uganda have the market knowledge and exposure to help you achieve your goals throughout the investment life cycle.
We represent private equity institutions, management teams, debt providers and portfolio companies through all stages of the private equity life cycle. Our private equity practice is complemented by company law, corporate finance, capital markets, tax, real estate, employment and pensions, corporate and regulatory teams. We guide our clients through every stage of a deal, from due diligence and structuring, to negotiation and preparation of deal documents, to post-transaction transition and post-merger integration.
Our clients benefit from the breadth and depth of our private equity experience and our key sector-based legal experience.
Experience has included advising:
- Nakasero Hospital and the disposing majority shareholder for a combined USD10.6 million equity purchase and share subscription by the Investment Funds for Health in Africa II.
- Savannah Commodities and Grainpulse Limited, two indigenous agro-commodity companies, in relation to a business reorganisation and subsequent equity investment by K+S AG, a German chemical company listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- TPG Capital for its indirect acquisition of a leading dairy processing company.
- ECP Investments for its strategic disposal of a majority interest in East Africa’s leading restaurant chain.
- Vine Pharmaceuticals for a USD10 million convertible redeemable Income Note subscription by Africa Health Fund (Aureos)
- Electromaxx Uganda, a 50MW thermal power producer, for a combined debt and equity investment by CIEL Capital.
- Qalaa Holdings for its USD250 million investment in the Kenya-Uganda railway concessionaire.
- Fanisi Venture Capital Fund for a combined equity-debt investment in a local mobile money telephone banking entity.